Friday, March 30, 2018

EASTER RABBIT EASTER EGGS








For years I wondered just how white rabbits, colored eggs and yellow chicken candy became part of the Easter celebration.   Perhaps God produced a miracle for the church where rabbits hopped around the cross at night and shit out colored hard-boiled eggs for the guards to find the next morning, and chickens pooped out babies with wings that you see in all the religious pictures.

I don’t know much about the Catholic Church and its teachings; but rabbits and eggs and flying babies seem as logical as statues crying blood, stigmata and exorcism...     

I have recently found that, like most church celebrations, the Catholic clergy interwove pagan rites into their holy days to make them more palatable to the people who were forced to convert. 








and I am not afraid of burning in hell
the Ol'Buzzard

1 comment:

  1. As a child I tried to believe, but the more I learned the shakier my belief got. Until one day when the contradictions seemed to be too many and the explanation was pretty much, "because we say so." I tried to make sense of it until about my mid twenties I just said, "Give me a Flying Spaghetti Monster any day." That was it.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."