Saturday, April 1, 2017

RELATIONSHIPS





I have been married to my wife for thirty-six years; and honestly, it seems like only yesterday that I took off my war suit, hung it on the coatrack outside the commanding officer’s door, drove off the base, picked up my girl and headed into the Maine back woods for what was the beginning of our lifetime adventure together. 

We are totally suited – we know each other’s thoughts and often don’t have to finish a sentence or sometimes even speak to know what the other is thinking.

This morning I lay in bed and listened as my girl and our two female cats went down stairs and carried on their conversations – went through their morning routine – until the cats were fed and my wife asked me if I wanted a cup of tea. 

I know better than to interfere with this morning ritual as the girls don’t wake up happy.   As a man, I can just get up and do what needs to be done; but the girls need their wake-up time, and then all can be right with the world.

That burn-up-the-bed sex at the beginning of a relationship is fantastic; but it is awfully   nice having that comfortable companionship where you are so much a part of each other that you feel like one single individual.    And if you are wondering – sex is still great, and contrary to advertising hype, no pills needed.






the Ol’Buzzar

1 comment:

  1. If I had a guy like you I'd still be married..you're one of a kind and I am envious of your relationship.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."